– low-income women are going to be particularly hard hit
– nurses, teachers, ambos and retail workers will all have the time they can afford to spend caring for their new baby slashed
– the mothers in the scenarios modelled will be left with just 7 – 13 weeks of living expenses covered (so less than half of the 26 weeks recommended)
– thousands will have their support cut to just 18 weeks; before their baby can even crawl
– some will lose as much as $10,000 under the cuts.
Read more about the Report at http://www.fairagenda.org/blog_report_newpplcuts