Parlour provides a ‘space to speak’ for women in architecture. It seeks to expand the spaces for women in architecture, while celebrating those who already contribute in diverse ways. Parlour research and scholarship provides serious analysis and a firm evidence base that demonstrates the need for change. Parlour resources offer practical guides to facilitate moves towards a more equitable and robust profession, with opportunity for all.
Parlour’s aims are:
- To promote gender equity in architecture.
- To develop advocacy programs and resources based in independent, rigorous research.
- To provide a vital space for the discussion of gender equity in architecture and publish informed opinion and generate debate and discussion.
- To develop and strengthen networks and communities of interest around the issue of gender equity in architecture.
- To celebrate women active in the profession, and to provide opportunity and profile for the many women working successfully in architecture.